Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

 
 
Happy New Year! Can you believe it is January 2013? Where does the time go?
 
Here is my January 2013 desktop calendar. If you'd like to grab yourself a copy to download simply click on the desired screen resolution size above, then right click "save as desktop". 
 
I thought this tobogganing illo was perfect for January.  The kiddos and I have been a regular fixture at the local hills since we received the first snow of the season last week. Gotta get as much sledding in as we can while the snow lasts, right?
 
 I don't know about you but this past year seemed to fly by at lightening speed. It was just last January I drove out to Fitzhenry & Whiteside with sample illustrations in the back seat, to meet with Christie Harkin, my editor, and Cathy Sandusky to share my initial ideas for Stewie the skink. I was SO nervous!  This was my first picture book contract, after all- a dream come true. I had a lovely day meeting with Christie and Cathy, and many of the friendly FitzWits staff. Even the resident cats strolled by to say "hi" and get some cheeky rubs. Although I think they were more interested in curiously inspecting my art boxes. Luckily none of the artwork was squished or "floppled upon" during my visit. ;) 
Since that day, I have been busy working on the roughs, then revising, and revising and revising and now...after lots of fun(erm...work?- hard to call it that when it IS so much fun) I am pleased to report  the plasticine illustrations for my first picture book Skink on the Brink, written by Lisa Dalrymple, are complete. Lalalalaaa!
 We had the test photo shoot just before Christmas with my photographer Heather, of  Heather Hogan Photography. Heather and I were super excited about the shoot and the results look fantastic, I can't wait to do the final shoot.
 
I hope to post some process blog posts, once the book launches, to share some of the many things I have learned along the way illustrating my first picture book. So stay tuned for those.  
 
 Here's to a successful, happy and adventurous 2013 everyone :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails