Friday, January 14, 2011

New Website Header


Well, I am busily working behind the scenes on my website. I know, I know, it is about time. This is something I have been wanting to start for a while as I feel it is imperative to have a portfolio website for clients and AD's to be able to check out your in a more professional setting. I have been wavering between the idea of hiring someone to design it or making it myself.
After much thought, I have decided to make it myself, even though I know it might take me 5 times longer than a designer and potentially take time away from my already squeezed "art time", but I think I have all the right tools to get the job done right (hopefully!).
I am a huge fan of Jonathan and Lea Woodward's  zero2illo website. I purchased their amazingly helpful 12 week challenge kit, which also has some fabulous video tutorials for setting up Wordpress, and the Headway
theme. I have been a very diligent little student studying these tutorials and basically trying to become as familiarized with Wordpress as I can. I admit it felt overwhelming at first as I felt like such a fish out of water, but now that I have been doing my research I feel more prepared and I know that if I have any silly questions or get stumped I have resources to get unstuck.
I am really excited to have full creative control over my website, as I have so many ideas ready to be realized.
I have been working on a new Header for my website. I want one that's not quite as big as the one I currently use on my blog. I plan to have the same header on each page of my site, that way AD's and clients have an easy reminder of who's site they are visiting and my contact info. is right at the top so they can jot it down.
I have incorporated the image of my little mousy into my header as she has become my brand mascot. To be consistent she is also in my Twitter background  and blog header too.
I played around with the background colours in the image above, which do you prefer? Right now I am leaning towards this:


I don't want it to be too dark and compete with the info on each page. I would love any feedback as always :)

Hoping for more snow tomorrow! The kiddies have been having a blast on their new mini-luges they got for Christmas and their zippy toboggans.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails