Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

"Dog Days...First jump off the dock with the encouragement of big brother"


I arrived home yesterday evening after 4 days of awesome productivity at my cottage! I worked my butt off and managed to complete 3 new plasticine illustrations, and start on the background of a 4th!! Yipeeee!! It was so nice to really get into the groove and get lost in my work for hours at a time with the music cranked and the creativity flowing. My wonderful hubby held down the fort and was sweet to send updates via text message so I didn't feel too out of the loop.

The illustration you see above was based on this months "Dog Days" theme over at the We Love To Illustrate for Children Group Blog . It is so fabulous of the ladies over there to open up the floor to all of there followers, and encourage their participation...such fun. And it is really cool to see everybody's interpretation of this month's theme.

I hope you like it! Dog Days made me think of those hot summer days at the cottage watching the kids learn new things like taking that very first leap off the dock into the deeper water. It is aways so heart-warming to see siblings offer encouragement and support to the younger ones. It is a universal " moment" I know all parents of multiple kiddies savour, as it often only last a little while and then they are back to bugging each other (geesh).

2 comments:

Shirley said...

WOW.....double WOW! Wonderful work, Suzanne..you are amazing! I love all of the detail in this piece...the water seems so realistic to me! And your kiddies have just the perfect energy! Great, great job! It's wonderful to hear of your 4 days at the cottage and time for yourself. Fantastic of your hubby and for you to do this for yourself! Thanks again for your addition to the WLTI blog...it's so much fun to see such great artists participate. YAY!

Suzanne Del Rizzo said...

Hi Shirley!
Wow...thanks very much!! I really like the challenge of trying to do realistic water(or as close as I can get it with plasticine :))so that means a lot!! I can't wait to see what next months theme will be over on your WLTI blog! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails