Monday, July 19, 2010

My first Illustration Friday- Breakfast!

"Ohhhhh, look Wilbur... mmmmmmuffins for breakfast!!"

I have wanted to start taking part in IF for a while now, and worked late last night to get one done in time. I doubt I will be able to participate every week, but it is a great way to get the creative juices flowing, and add portfolio pieces :)
 My take on "Breakfast" is a cute little girl with a head full of unruly curls(bed head-heehee) sharing  yummy blueberry muffins with her beloved teddy, Wilbur. I tried to use a limited soft palette of colours, and lots of fluffy, and soft textures. 

I hope you enjoy, and it reminds of you when you were little and loved having breakfast with your favorite furry friends(real or stuffed) :)

10 comments:

NANCY LEFKO said...

very well done !!

Suzanne Del Rizzo said...

HI Nancy,
Thanks for the kind words! :)
I like your IF contribution too..."Java Junkies" has got a really cool vintage feel - love your collage work!
Thanks for visiting!

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Great to see such a different style Suzanne, this is fab!

Suzanne Del Rizzo said...

Hi Cally, Thanks so much for droppping by my blog and leaving such a sweet message:)
I really enjoy your blog too, and your new group blog!! You have a very refreshing style that is so adaptable, fromm adorably cute to more contemporary- clients must loooove it( I know I sure do)!
Thanks for the visit!!

Andrew Finnie said...

Suzanne, boy you really have this medium under control. I admire your patience and your uniquness!

Suzanne Del Rizzo said...

Hi Andrew,
Thanks so much for the compliment!! It is fun to use plasticine as my art medium of choice. But at times I do think of picking up my paint brushes again...must do that again soon.
Hope you're having a good summer so far. :)

Mr Spoqui said...

welcome to illustration friday :D

greenbeanbaby said...

oh my this is sooooo beautiful!! what detail!! i love the lil slippers and the rug too!!! and your newest IF illustration is also darling!! you are really talented and your work is utterly unique!!!! and i have to say EVERYTIME I STOP HERE, YOUR WORK MAKES ME SMILE!!


hugs hugs!

Suzanne Del Rizzo said...

Ellia,
You're too cute! hmmmm...you're site always puts a smile on my face too!! It is so very refreshing to meet other artistic mommies that share so many similair ideas(yeah!) :)
The details on this one were really fun to create! And fuzzy slippers always evoke such a sense of coziness and comfort for me.

And Mr. Spoqui...thanks so much for the IF welcome :)
Thanks for the visit!

Shirley said...

Suzanne -
Hope you have a lovely time at the cottage. Many thanks for your visit to the WLTI blog..can't wait to see your wonderful contribution! WOW, this is a stunner of a piece for Breakfast. I can only imagine how many hours it took to create this. Such amazing detail..you should be very proud of this sweet piece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails